Wednesday, August 30, 2006

That's What I'm Talking About!

Space

Space was more or less exactly what I expected an Ibiza club to be like. Thumping house, lasers, dry ice, back-to-back pilled-up, coked-up, mashed-up clubbers, everyone cheering the DJ when he plays one of the tunes of the season... Hardcore.

Unfortunately, contrary to every piece of advice we were offered, Fatboy Slim played the opening set, so we only caught the last 2 tunes he played. Gutted. But people were saying they had heard better... I guess it's fairly common that a DJ makes it big as a producer, and everyone assumes that they'll be the world's best DJ as well... By the way, if anyone wants any of these sour grapes, I have plenty...

DJ Marky played a mental set, as usual... He has so much energy when he DJ's, it seems to seep out onto the dance floor, so that, even more so than the average DnB crowd, everyone was going totally crazy... it also made me regret chugging a litre of water and 2 cans of red bull before going into the club! But my stomach soon caught up with the rest of me as I gave it large with the rest of the Terrace...

Just after 3, I noticed a load of people flocking into the main room, and figured out pretty sharpish that Carl Cox was about to come on... I was having such an awesome time in Marky's set, I could have stuck in there, but I've heard him a few times before, so I decided to check out what all the fuss over Carl Cox was...

SO glad I did. Carl Cox has been doing a weekly night at Space for 5 seasons now, and he OWNED the main room last night. He knows exactly how to get the Space crowd going, and then keep them going all night long, until every last bit of dancing energy you ever had has evaporated into the smoky air above you...

My ears are still ringing now, at 1.30pm the next day... I may have permanantly damaged my hearing :-)

and with that last sentance, I've turned into my Dad.

Seriously though, I'm sure they'll be fine... (I know dad reads this ;-))

We're having a team time now, and then I shall be taking an extended siesta.

C

1 Comments:

At 10:21 pm, Blogger Claire said...

Glad you r having an awesome time, what has God been doing? I look forward to catching up when you r back! x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home