Sunday, February 26, 2006

Election Fever

I'm taking advantage of the first 10 minutes i've had free since my last blog....

I don't know how my mum does this every 4 years - actually I do, she's a legend, my mum. but still. They say moving house is the most stressful thing you'll ever do. I'd be willing to wager that the people who say that haven't ever stood in an election. And this one is only a miniscule student election with a voting population of 22000 or so. Kudos to anyone who does this on a larger scale.

Anyway,

I'm actually enjoying this amidst all the pressure and sleep deprivation. I stand a fairly good chance it would seem, but it's still far too close to call, especially between me and one other fella. Annoying thing is, he's a lovely bloke so I can't even hate him. ;-)

Polls open tomorrow - close on wednesday lunchtime, and i should know by about midnight on wednesday. wow. that's not too far off. I think that the result is the only thing im chilled about - God has been awesome (as usual!) comforting me, reminding me that He is in control of my life, and I don't need to fret - win or lose, it's all in His hands.

Which is comforting :-)

anyway, i'm off to church to think about something other than elections for a couple of hours!

C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home