Sunday, March 18, 2007

...They that wait on the Lord...

I decided the other day that today (Sunday) would be a day for re-establishing my focus...

The last few weeks have been flipping hectic, and as you can see from my last post, finding time for God has been a struggle. But now the pressure's off a little - I have some time in the evenings as of today, now that most of the students have gone back home for the hols, and I really really want to spend some quality time with God... an hour in the morning, sorting out my focus for the day, praying for friends and a little bit of worship just doesn't cut it when what i'm looking for is intimacy...

It seems as though God agrees too... I felt Him speak to me in church this morning... I noted it down:

"Chris, it's not about Sunday mornings.

Wait for me. Wait for revalation of me. Wait for my Glory.

Wait for my voice.

If you want to hear me, then wait on me."


So like I say, a semi-rushed, fairly-structured, no-time-to-listen prayer time each morning just ain't gonna cut it any more.

I remembered recently just how good it is to spend a whole day with someone I love - and I really want to be able to find that place with God. So... enough blogging, time to start waiting and listening... :-)

It's a good job I don't have any other commitments today... phew!

God bless,

C

3 Comments:

At 9:55 am, Blogger Claire said...

http://alaidownloversadventures.blogspot.com/

read her latest post. this chick is my best mate and i think this may help with the whole bondservant thing. plus i have written a few posts on it a while back. yeah. be blessed.

x

 
At 5:57 pm, Blogger annaswaiting said...

chris, the beauty of it is... he waits there too for you to come. as you're sorting out the time to come and feeling that twisting frustrating inside that you can't be with him more... it moves his heart. he's not angry when you don't come, like we always perceive him to be, he's not brooding it over you, he's just as desperate to be with you as you are to be with him, so its not anger he's feeling toward you, its just desire to be with you! its really so beautiful, and the enemy wants us to confuse his intentions so much, so that we'll constantly just feel condemnation, and be robbed of the joy to sit before him unhindered by shame. i'm just totally speaking out of my own experience here... but i hope it helps you. next time you come to him, sit before him as one who he's not angry with, but who he's delighted to have in his presence... seriously - you are dark... your flesh is weak... BUT you are lovely, and your spirit IS willing... and he sees that too!!!!!!!!! love you bro. shannon

 
At 9:53 pm, Blogger Rachel said...

Yay hello I have a blog now too! You need to do a new post though....march?? Also am impressed that you are still listening to the cafe mambo cd! Love ya lots Rachel xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home